I am the eldest of three siblings. Growing up, I always liked to take extra care of them, and this was my go to recipe when my younger brothers asked for something to eat. This recipe is quick, easy and fresh making it the ultimate recipe for a quick snack or a side dish.
- A Pasta Box of any shape
- 3 tomatoes
- Four pickles
- A packet of parsley
- 3 green onions
- The juice of 2 large lemons
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
These ingredients are basic and can vary with one’s taste, whether you change the quantity of added pickles or remove pickles altogether.
- Boil the pasta in hot water with a bit of vegetable oil (so the pasta wouldn’t stick) and a generous handful of salt for as long as the pasta box says.
- Finely chop the tomatoes, pickles, green onions and parsley.
- When the pasta is boiled, rinsed and completely cooled, add the chopped ingredients followed by the lemon, olive oil and another toss of salt.
- Mix everything together.