My youngest daughter is a vegetarian, so it is always hard to ensure that she takes the required amount of proteins in her diet. This dish saves me the trouble because it has so many nutrients and vitamins! Not only is it nutritious, but it is also extremely light and can work as a side dish, a snack or a dinner.
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 cup colored pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 a bunch parsley
- 3 spring onions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ttablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- Cook the lentils in boiling water (without salt, adding salt makes the lentils hard) until they are soft.
- Chop the vegetables finely.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients of the dressing.
- Rinse the lentils and once cooled, mix with the vegetables and dressing.
This vegan dish will please right about everyone. Try it the next time you are looking for a quick, light meal.