Orange cake is probably the first cake I ever made, and I still find it the perfect dessert to have alongside my afternoon cup of coffee. It is a straightforward and easy dessert to make, and you can serve it differently. Here, I covered it with a sweet, lemony syrup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 150 grams spreadable cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees, and grease the pan of your choice with butter and coat it with flour so the cake wouldn’t stick.
- Aside, mix the flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the cheese and sugar then add the oil.
- Add one egg and mix. Add two tablespoons of dry ingredients mixture and mix until combined.
- Repeat step 4 to add the 3 eggs left.
- Mix in the orange juice and the remaining dry ingredients mixture for one minute.
- Add the batter to your pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.
- In a stainless steal pan, add all the ingredients and let it simmer, occasionally mixing the ingredients. Do not overheat and cook until the syrup is obtained.
- It’s preferable to keep the syrup warm and pour it on the warm cake. Poke holes in the cake with a toothpick or fork and pour over.
Delicious, easy and quick!