A cake to spoil your guests! The velvety texture, pistachio flavor and buttery notes are a sure win at every gathering. Bake in different trays, top with wherever your imagination takes you, serve with love.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup ground pistachio
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small drop green food coloring
- 1 1/2 icing sugar
- 2-5 teaspoon water
- Have the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Grease a large pan with butter and coat it with a bit flour so that the cake won’t stick.
- Process the pistachio until finely ground.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, with a bit of vanilla with each egg.
- With a spatula, stir in the flour, pistachio, and milk.
- Spread the mixture in the pan and bake for around 40 minutes or until the cake attains a slightly golden color on the edges. When cake rises, degrees the temperature for the cake to cook thoroughly.
- Let cool. Add glaze. Garnish with crushed pistachio.Glaze
- Mix sugar with a bit of water until desired thickness is achieved.
This cake makes a good base for all types of garnish. Add pistachio dragees for an added crunch, rose petals for a delicate detail or chocolate for an added layer. Its a cake that will surely impress your guests.
Note: Ingredients make a large cake for 12. Divide ingredients in half for a smaller cake.