Nothing says “Lebanese” more than a traditional Tabbouleh. A lot of mincing is required, but it’s worth it!
- 4 parsley bunches chopped finely
- 1/2 mint bunch chopped finely
- 4 green onions chopped finely
- 5 tomato chopped finely
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice (or more as desired)
- 3 teaspoon wheat bulgur
- lettuce for garnish
- Wash the vegetables
- Chop finely the parsley, mint, tomato, green onions.
- Soak the wheat bulgur in lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Taste for lemon, oil and salt.
I usually serve tabbouleh with lettuce or cabbage. It also works great with fresh vine leaves when they are in season.