Churros is a Spanish dessert or snack that is extremely easy to make. It basically is fried dough that is later covered in sugar and cinnamon, and dipped in hot chocolate.
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Prepare sugar mixture by combining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat oil for frying. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag.
- Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
This recipe is perfect for snuggling and warming up in the winter, but can surely be enjoyed at any time of year!
Note: The dough is really thick so use a heavy duty piping bag for best results.