This orange cake is one of my favorite desserts. It is the basic recipe that works great in any occasion. Stick with the original recipe for a light cake that compliments your morning coffee, or add your favorite frosting for a heaver dessert.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt. Put aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggs with orange zest and sugar on full speed.
- Add oil and orange juice gradually until combined. Beat in the dry mixture until it is lump free.
- Line a baking tray (25 cm by 10 cm) with oil. Pour in cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool. Serve at room temperature.
This cake is very light yet flavorful. It makes 15 pieces; each piece is around 170 calories only! Who said healthy can’t taste sweet?