This dessert is my son’s favorite, and it is incredibly easy with only five ingredients! This Oreo mousse is my go-to-recipe when I need a quick snack or dessert for my children. No baking, cooking or mess! This recipe will serve 3-4 people. So you can double or triple the recipe to serve a greater number of people.
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 14 Oreo biscuits
- 100 grams semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Using a food processor, finely crush 12 Oreos until they become powder-like. Remove two tablespoons for decorating the top. To the rest, add a bit (around 1 teaspoon) to allow it to combine well. This will act as the base of the mousse when added to the cup.
- Place the cold fresh cream in a bowl with the powdered sugar and whip it with an electric whisk until thickened into whipped cream. Optional: remove three large tablespoons for decorating the mousse cup.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler. Let it cool to room temperature. Optional: leave a bit of melted chocolate for the decoration.
- On low speed, slowly add the melted chocolate to the whipped cream and mix until well combined. Crush 2 whole oreos with your hands in the mousse. This will add some crunch to the mousse.
- In glass cups, assemble layers of powdered Oreos, chocolate mouse, whipped cream, and melted chocolate. Top it with the left aside two tablespoons of powdered Oreos. You can also add a mini Oreo or a whole Oreo cut in half.
The way you assemble the mousse is up to you. You can play around with it as much as you want, and alternatively you can not decorate it at all if you don’t have the time for it. Just mix all the ingredients and you will have a rich, decadent Oreo chocolate mousse. Who doesn’t love a good Oreo dessert?