Sweet, chewy, messy and absolutely great cookies that melt in your mouth, those cookies are addictive!
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup soft light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar, then beat in the vanilla extract and the egg.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl and gradually beat in to the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a rounded 15ml-tablespoon measure, spoon out scoops of cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet, leaving a little space in between each one.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes and then let them sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving them to a cooling rack, with some newspaper on the surface underneath to catch any escaping glaze later.
- Melt glaze chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. Mix in the oil.
- Using a teaspoon, zig-zag the glaze over each cooling cookie.
Makes around 20-24 cookies.
The cookies can last up to one week in an air-tight container, if they ever last that much!