This exotic combination takes about an hour to be prepared. Easy, quick and bursting with freshness, I find this jam great for sandwiches, flavoring cakes and maybe even garnishing a fruit sorbet. Hope you love it!
- 2kg mangoes, peeled, seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lime juice
- 3 cups (660g) white granulated sugar (approximately)
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- Combine mango and juice in large saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until mango is soft.
- Measure fruit mixture; allow 3/4 cup sugar for each cup of fruit mixture. Return fruit and sugar to pan; stir over high heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, about 15 minutes or until jam jells when tested. Stir in passion fruit and lime zest.
- Pour hot jam into hot sterilized jars; seal immediately.
If short on time, use the three cups of sugar without measuring in step 2.
prep + cook time 50 minutes | makes 5 cups | calories 58 cals/tablespoon
Recipe from Women’s Weekly, adapted and tested by me! Approved by my family! ❤