Your new sandwich condiment! A ton of flavor to boost the flavors of chicken, meat and vegetarian dishes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 kg brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 prig fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion and rosemary, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes or until onion is soft and browned lightly. Add vinegar; cook, stirring about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add sugar; cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until onion is caramelized and jam is thick.
- Spoon hot jam into hot sterilized jars; seal immediately. Label when cold then store in the fridge.
You can use a mandoline when slicing the onions for a thin slice with little time and effort.
prep + cook time 1 hour | makes 2 1/4 cups | calories 102 cals/tablespoon
Recipe from Women’s Weekly, adapted and tested by me! Approved by my family! ❤