I am always on the look for healthy vegan recipes, that do not compromise on the taste. A lot of healthy vegan dessert recipes out there taste like a healthy vegan recipe, it is rare that I find one like this: one that is rich, chocolatey, yet fluffy and light! This recipe is my ultimate guilt-free dessert!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- cashews, chocolate for garnish
- Preheat your oven to mark 180ºC. Grease a 20 x 20 cm tin with a little oil and line the base with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the semolina and baking powder. Add oil and mix with your hands until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the milk with the cocoa powder. Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add cocoa mixture, and vanilla to the flour mixture, gradually while whisking until you get a velvety batter.
- Pour the batter in the lined baking tray. Line up your cashews so that each piece gets a nut. Bake for 30 minutes or until well done.
- Cut into 24 pieces, drizzle with chocolate and enjoy!
This recipe is best enjoyed on the first two days. But trust me, they won’t be staying there for long!