- 2 1/2 cups coarse semolina flour
- 1/2 cups fine semolina flour
- 1/2 icing sugar
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil to spray the silicon mold, or tahini to cover a regular tray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water
- Prepare the syrup. Add sugar and water to a pot over low heat until it boils. Keep for 8 minutes. Add lemon juice with orange blossom water then turn off the heat. Keep aside.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spray your silicon baking tray with oil (or spread a thin layer of tahini for a regular tray).
- Place batter in the baking tray. Make sure it has a smooth top. Let rest for 6 hours. Preheat the oven for 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye on it as each oven is different.
- Once it gets out of the oven, pour the cool syrup on it. Let rest until cool before you take it out of the tray.
As you noticed, this is a very easy recipe. All you do is mix everything together in one go, rest, then bake. For a more traditional flavor, prepare plain syrup instead of an orange one. Hope you try it!