This easy-peasy dessert does in handy in the hot summer days when you need to cool off a bit, yet don’t stay hours in prepping. It is so convenient that I always prepare a big batch and keep it in the fridge in case an unexpected guest comes over.
- 500 grams Digestive or butter biscuits, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cocoa powder
- sweet condensed milk or 1 cup “Gaymar” cream
- sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup pistachio (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup semisweet melted chocolate
Mix sweetened condensed milk, sugar, melted butter, chocolate and cocoa until smooth. Add mixture to biscuits and nuts. Mix well until a dough is formed.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes or until slightly firm.
Form mix into log or press into a mould that has been lined with plastic wrap. Secure “cake”, and press to combine very well and wrap. Cover with more wrap and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
To serve, dip sharp knife in hot water and slice.
Note: Want to make this dish even fancier? Serve with a scoop of ice-cream and drizzle with some melted chocolate.